Wednesday 8 October 2014

It's only 11 weeks until Christmas!

I know that people will be sighing at this, which I understand. I am baffled by the fact that there are Christmas items available in shops when we've not even had Halloween yet.

However...

As I am sure every other crafty person knows, if you're going to craft for Christmas you need to get started early. Last year I wasn't organised enough and didn't get everything I wanted done. Determined not to repeat this I have already started on my list of things to make (I'm sure that more things will be added as time goes on)



I have the need to be overly organised when it comes to my crochet. Whenever I make something I right out the pattern in full so I can tick bits off as I go. I do this even if the pattern is in a crochet book or magazine.I feel that writing out the pattern helps me understand it (especially if its a new pattern). When I first started crocheting there were a few times where I jumped into a project without reading through the full instructions and then found myself completely befuddled halfway through.

So far on my list are:
  •  3 large snowmen, these are from my own pattern and will be sent down to Dave's grandparents. He has 3 full sets of grandparents, and I have none so I have adopted them. These were on my list last year and I ran out of time.
  • A penguin, again my own pattern, this one is being sold to a work colleague as a gift for her boyfriend's mum.
  • A Christmas jumper for baby Harvey, as a special gift for his first Christmas.
  • A Christmas tree, tree decoration that my mum has asked me for, she also has some snowflake decorations that I made for her using the crochet cotton and hook that my Yaya had been using when she passed away. The crochet hook is broken in half (I think) and held together with cotton but it means so much, I only use it to crochet sentimental things (like the snowflakes)
  • Then if I still have time I'd like to make some decorations for our house,I might make some snowflakes or garlands to go on the walls, and maybe a reindeer for the tree.


I'm not sure why it's snowing in this photo, its something my phone did all by itself - its pretty cool!




















All the photos on here are from Christmases past, and I can't wait to share photo's of this years gifts!

Has anyone else started on their lists yet?

Have a lovely day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment