Tuesday 23 December 2014

November DI Craft Swap Part 1

There will be a few catch up posts over the next few weeks, I thought about leaving them and just starting afresh but I've received some lovely things and want to share them all with you.

November's theme was Woodland and my parcel came from Anna over at teawithmissbeatrix.com
She really looked into my need for things to be useful and she did a wonderful job.


 Firstly the box everything came in was lovely (and you can never have too many boxes to put things in!)


I got a lovely postcard from Anna herself and some lovely Beatrix Potter postcards which I think I might frame, they go lovely with our little Victorian house!



Inside the box were lots of lovely things!

These lovely leaves are now hanging by my fireplace



I adore the pegs, red an white polka dots are my favourite pattern, I'm looking forward to the weather getting better so I can hang my washing out with them.




A fox rubber (which was really hard to take a photo of!)



A hedgehog button that Anna made



And then there was this...



Anna crocheted me a lanyard, and I was so happy because I have to wear a lanyard to work and now I have a lovely crochet one rather than a plain boring black one. When I wore it to work I got loads of compliments on it and a lot of people asked if I had made it, I took great pleasure in saying it was a gift.


Every month I take part I am overwhelmed by the talent and generosity of the people involved. As always a big Thank you to Hannah for organising everything! What would we do without you?

This will probably be my last post before Christmas, I'm spending tomorrow morning with my mum and sister to do our annual tradition of watching "Its a wonderful life" in our pyjamas before coming home and watching "The nightmare before Christmas" with Dave while eating obscene amounts of cheese!

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and wish you all a fantastic New Year
xx




2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you liked everything! Merry Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow everything is so so beautiful! i love beatrix potter and as a matter of fact i have a beatrix potter knitting book (very old!) which I haven't had a chance to make anything from yet (mainly because all of the models in the book look so 80s/90s and cringe that I'm too busy giggling) but I feel inspired to do so soon, while of course wearign my woodland craft swap hood :) jennyxx

    ReplyDelete